Hello dear ones. How are you holding up? I know there is a lot of fear right now, I'm feeling it too, so I wanted to share some simple, practical ways you can protect and support yourself physically. I'll add a post soon about emotional and energetic support.
1. Stay home. Take yourself out of the germ pool whether or not you think you are sick or vulnerable. Except if you are a health care or other essential worker, blessings on you and thank you.
1a. If you can work from home, check on your friends who are laid off and send them money.
2. Water is your friend. Wash your hands, wash your body, wash your clothes. And moisturize, or your skin will be angry.
3. Stay HYDRATED. You should be drinking about half a gallon of water per day normally for optimal health, and when the body is under stress or threat it's even more important.
3a. Bonus: take a moment to honor the water that cleans you and keeps you alive. Water is sacred, water is life.
4. Gargle with salt in warm water daily
5. Sanitize surfaces and use hand sanitizer when you go out. Scroll down for a couple of simple DIY recipes.
6. Diffuse immune boosting and antimicrobial oils in your home and/or apply them to the bottoms of your feet and the back of your neck (diluted). My favorites: OnGuard protective blend, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Cinnamon, Lemon, and Lavender.
7. Make sure your body has the nutrients and vitamins it needs. For daily wellness eat plenty of veggies and add a proven supplement like doTerra's LLV.
8. Add immune support such as Vitamin D (take with food), vitamin C (make sure it's bioavailable), and zinc (found in oysters, red meat, hemp seeds, legumes and even dark chocolate!)
9. Find a way to move your body every day and a way to relax your mind every day.
10. Keep up your energetic hygiene with daily grounding, cleansing, and boundary practices (I'll make a post about this soon)
Please reach out if you have any questions or if you need more support. I'm here to help! We will get through this together. Comment below with what you're doing to stay safe and sane! Com
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and this post is not meant as medical advice. None of the products recommended are meant to cure or treat any disease.
And now the recipes!
Hand sanitizer spray Recipe 1:
in a 30ml spray bottle combine
4 tsp rubbing alcohol (70% or higher)
1 tsp fractionated coconut oil
30 drops OnGuard oil
top off with distilled or filtered water
Hand sanitizer spray recipe 2:
makes about 2 cups, can be used as a surface sanitizer as well, just leave out the glycerol
12 oz rubbing alcohol (70% or higher)
2 teaspoons glycerol (vegetable glycerine)
2 teaspoons witch hazel (optional)
1 Tbsp hydrogen peroxide
30 drops Tea Tree essential oil
30 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
20 drops Thyme essential oil
3 oz distilled or filtered water
If you have extra bottles, consider making a larger batch and sharing. I dropped bottles in the little free libraries around my neighborhood in Portland, and I keep a few in my car to give to houseless folks who have limited access to running water.